Hello, sis! I hope this letter finds you well, and with some free time on your hands, because we’ve got something of a problem. It’s to do with father. Seems that he might have had something to do with Sandpoint’s recent troubles with the goblins, and I didn’t want to bring the matter to the authorities because we both know he’d just weasel his way out of it. You’ve got some pull here in town, though. If you can meet me at the Glassworks at midnight tonight, maybe we can figure out how to make sure he faces the punishment he deserves. Knock twice and then three times more and then once more at the delivery entrance and I’ll let you in. In any
case, I don’t have to impress upon you the delicate nature of this request. If news got out, you know these local rubes would assume that you and I were in on the whole thing too, don’t you? They’ve got no honor at all around these parts. I still don’t understand how you can stand to stay here. Anyway, don’t tell anyone about this. There are other complications as well, ones I’d rather talk to you in person about tonight. Don’t be late.
Tsuto
Sunday, June 8, 2008
The Missing Bartender
Coming down for breakfast at the Rusty Dragon the next morning, finds an upset Bethana Corwin, a timid, elderly halfling woman who does maid work at the tavern. She asks to speak with you in private. In the kitchen, she reveals that Ameiko has usually started cooking breakfast by now. "This is the first time in as far as I can remember that she hasn't. I went up to her room and knocked, but there was no answer. Against my better judgment, I went inside. The room was empty, and the bed wasn't slept it. I also found this crumpled on the floor." She hands over a note written in a spidery hand:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
"Ya did right comin' to us Bethana. Still got eyes like a hawk ya do." Poot gives the elderly Corwin a wink, then turns to the others.
"Well? I suppose we'll have to calm our stomachs and head to the glassworks."
Poot, do you know of a reasonable good scouting place for the glassworks? I'd rather keep us hidden until they need our help.
Yola
Sasha listens sagely to the barbarian and the halfling.
"Yola is right on this. I've already been bitten twice by the unexpected since turning up for this festival. Perhaps if one or two of us keeps to the shadows we might be able safe guard one another and figure out what's going on."
"Alright, how's this for a plan...
I'll head into the glass works and you guys flank and surround it. If there's any trouble, I'll send a signal. Since I'm a townie, they probably won't be alarmed to see me knockin' about. Also, for some odd reason folk just aren't intimidated by halflings, not sure why. I knew a Belchbelly that could peel paint at 20 feet if he'd been drinkin' enough. But I digress."
Sasha is about to offer a comment put stops short realizing that asking for details on Belch Belly might not be wise.
"I'll go with Gerund and see if we can't our own way in."
Sasha turn to Yola.
"I think we would make a better team. If Poots going through the front perhaps we might want to try getting in through the back."
"I've had to make a few hasty escapes and servants entrances are the best way to get into and out of these places. Though I have to admit I feel awkward breaking into my own prison ... metaphorically speaking."
Sasha checks her rapier and winds her whip fastening it in it's leather bindings securely.
Post a Comment