Playing the 3.5ed D&D adventure, "Rise of the Runelords," published by Paizo

Chp2: The Skinsaw Murders

Friday, July 25, 2008

The Trap is Sprung ( but who traps who?)

"What's behind that door?" asks Gerund as he concentrates, his divine sight narrowing the taint of evil he sensed. (It is a faint aura, but its definitely coming from Tsuto.)

The half elf in question notices Gerund shifting to the side and the grim faced Yola pushing forward. He shifts his weight to the balls of his feet and grins. "Ah this door here? Why nothing at all - the door itself however, well that you should be concerned about." Tsuto erupts into a flurry of action, grabbing the door handle and using it to propel himself five feet forward to deliver a devastating flying kick to Gerund's chest, then somersaulting backwards to avoid the paladin's return sword swing.

None of you have ever seen a man move that quickly. In fact it was a little bit frightening. "I think I'm going to enjoy this," he says, all trace of the panicked fop vanished ...

OK, Tsuto's shown his true colours, and I've given Tsuto and Gerund a free round to chop at each other due to the growing suspicion. Tsuto hit for 3 HP, Gerund missed the followup.

Initiative for everybody is posted. Problem is that the corridor won't allow more than one of you to get at him at a time. Sasha and Seoni can't even see him right now around the bend. Gerund and Yola can switch places, but Tsuto is threatening the square that Gerund is in - If he leaves that square Tsuto gets a free shot at him as he departs. Poot can see Tsuto, but can't fire his bow through both Yola and Gerund. Good luck with this one guys!

Oh and honourable mention to Seoni for catching the flaw in Tsuto's bluff.

6 comments:

Deres said...

Sasha hears the conversation and the follow through of battle up ahead.

"Seoni, I'm useless back here. I'm going to see if I can't circle around and get behind him. I might need a little support."

Sasha double backs down the corridor running as fast as she can. (She going to try and circle around the mainfloor and come at their newest enemy from behind.)

Anonymous said...

If Yola can, she swings at T with her quarterstaff, if she can't, then I'm going to try and back up a bit, so that G can back up and that way we can both hit T.

mich

James said...

Poot curses the tight quarters, and fiddles with one of his latest "magical creations" residing in his leather bag.
He bites his lip weighing the options and wondering how badly he could muck everything up and wondering if he could do it without anyone noticing he was responsible, and wondering if paladins are allowed to kill slightly meddling but essentially good-hearted halflings for intefering.
It all became too much for Poot's brain, and falling back on his habit of exploiting chaos:
Poot pulls the smokestick out of his leather satchel, pops the cap, closes his eyes and rolls it down the side of the hall towards Tsuto...and Gerund...and Yola...and...oh my, that's alot of smoke.

Anonymous said...

"Maybe I can knock him over, or force him towards the rubble, or maybe he'll simply jump out of the way, being so fast, in which case, my comrades will have a clear shot," he thought.

"Time to make some room", Gerund thought, and charged ahead to run Tsuto through, "Unfff! My only concern is fighting evil, and you joined the wrong team!"

Anonymous said...

[If my attack fails, I try Smite Evil on him, which I assume I can let fly without hurting anyone, tight as quarters are.]

Anonymous said...

Seoni sighs in frustration that she wasn't able to cast her Daze spell in time to prevent all this. She follows Sasha to see if there is a way around.