Erylium is quick and wiry, and surprisingly strong for her size, but Yola's rage fueled strength proves too much to overcome, and the barbarian pins the demon to the stones in short order. Sasha runs up beside her and thrusts her rapier down into the demon's gut. Erylium struggles wildly, spitting curses to Lamashtu right up until Sasha's second thrust pierces her tiny black heart.
The two women stand up, blinking in the sudden silence, both covered in demonic blood and filth, the bubbling orange pool glowing eerily behind them.
Congratulations! Your party has overcome its most powerful foe to date! The only treasure in the room seem to be Erylium's possessions: her magical dagger, her miniature tiara, and her obsidian holy symbol of Lamashtu ( a 3-eyed jackal's head). Poot has thoroughly trashed the central fountain, to no obvious effect ( good thinking though). The spider poison reduces Seoni's Str by another -2 before it runs its course, but Yola suffers no more effects from Erylium's poison claws. The two doors to the sides of the cathedral ( marked A & B on the map) prove to be empty closets. So what's next?
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
"Yola, I'm sorry about what happened to your staff."
Sasha begins wiping off the vemon/bile/sludge from her face and hair.
"I can't think what would happen if I lost my whip. But by the Gawds your a force to be reckoned with. Hey halfing there better be a good song about this fight in the very near future. I think we are all going to need a mug or two of ale before this night is through."
Sasha fingers the magical dagger and runs her palm across the hilt before tucking it into her belt.
"We can't wonder around here with Senoi hurt and you unarmed. Maybe we should take her to the village and grab that pole-arm. I don't care if that statue attacks us at this rate it will just fit into the theme of this day."
Yola wipes the ichor away from her hair, " glad you got in there with the rapier, damn her small demon hide"
I think I'll go and get the polearm from the statue, I can get another quarterstaff from town - but i'm not going through this god forsaken place without a better weapon than these javelins.
Yola goes to get the polearm
Mich
"Good idea Yola, grab that polearm. I don't think we should head all the way back to town though. We need to keep going. If we rest, we rest here. Need I remind you all that the village could be attacked at any time? We owe it to the villagers to press on."
[Would Lay On Hands help Seoni in this instance or is it just for HP?]
"I agree. If anyone is seriously injured, I can help, but otherwise, I think we should press on."
@ Garner: No, lay on hands will not restore lost ability points, only HP. She needs rest ( 1 pt per day) or higher level healing. On the up side Seoni doesn't rely on her str at all. As long as she stays out of direct melee (and doesn't get poisoned again)it loost str won't have any real impact on her performance.
@ everybody: So which direction are you to "press on" to? From the statue room you have three choices. The door to the north, the stairway and door to the east, or the northern tunnel on the west side of the map. See the udated map for details.
How about the door down the long hallway.
Mich
"Perhaps, if we can get our bearings, we should proceed in the opposite direction from whence we came," said Gerund.
"I'm with Yola the other option is to split up and cover more ground. Though the last time I saw that put in the action there were five less combat mages to collect their pay at the end of the day."
((My vote will always be for exploring our east west options before heading further north. I suggest we head down the passage closest to Yola. And definitely stick together, we're in no shape to be splitting up.))
Post a Comment