Seoni and Gerund investigate the spherical room in the catacombs in more detail. The room is plated in conductive metal, probably some copper alloy. The whole room is enchanted - there is nearly no gravity within. What little force there is seems to be focused in the centre of the room, causing all the objects on the room to float in a lazy orbit. The shifting patterns on the walls remain an enigma. After much observation, Seoni has determined that there may be some pattern to them, but it is beyond her to decipher it. She does discover that the characters formed by the electrical play are from the same language as the two scroll that they recovered from the study.
Meanwhile, back at the Rusty Dragon, Yola, Sasha and Poot enjoy a well cooked meal and go over the events of the last few days. Sheriff Hemlock is not due back from his trip to Magnimar for another day or so, and Shalelu the ranger has not returned from her scouting of the western wilds yet, so the party is still acting as deputies until they return. Mayor Deverin is distressed to learn of the catacombs beneath the centre of town. She stops in at the Rusty Dragon to thank you for braving the tunnels and also for rescuing Ameiko and apparently foiling whatever plans her brother Tsuto was up to. She asks if you think they should go ahead and collapse the tunnel to the catacombs.
Level 3!
Congratulations! Your characters have advanced to level 3. Some changes have already been made to your character sheets - go ahead and check them out via the character portrait links at the bottom of the page. Also make sure you visit THIS PAGE for more info and some choices you need to make for your characters.
Let's Go Shopping!
You take some time to sell some of the loot you found in the catacombs and now have a little bit of cash burning a hole in your pocket. Visit THIS PAGE to view all the shopping options in Sandpoint. And remember there is loot yet to be claimed ( check the "Loot" section of the sidebar for what's left.) Do you want to sell it all and split the money?
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
21 comments:
OOC: I would love to change my skill distribution from level one on. I would like to add +1 to the following 8 skills everytime I level up from now on:
Use Magic Device
Escape Artist
Spell Craft
Knowledge History
Sleight of Hand
Perform
Perception
Stealth
My new spell choice is Identify and my feat of choice will be Dodge.
OCC: I did a post where I claimed the silver dagger and the bottle of wine. Does that still count or does everything automatically get tossed into the loot pile?
OCC: Hey, Greg I was wondering if Sasha could get an appraisal on the magic dagger?
@Brett: sorry, I missed that post. I've already sold off the wine and split the profit, but I have transfered the dagger to Sasha's inventory.
Re: apraisals: Everyone in Sandpoint is pretty well inclined towards the party, so getting loot appraised is not a big deal. Savah looks over the +1 returning dagger that Erylium was weilding and offers you 800gp, but tells you frankly that you could probably sell it for twice that or more in a big city like Magnimar or Korvosa.
@James: oops. Bardic Knowledge has changed slightly under the pathfinder rules:
Bardic Knowledge: Gain one free knowledge skill ( rank=level). Add 1/2 level to all knowledge skill checks and may make such checks untrained.
So, you get to pick one Knowledge skill for free. do you want this to be Knowledge/history, which would free up the slot for something else, or do you want to select an 2nd knowledge skill?
Also, I erred with the composite short bow that Poot picked up from the goblin commando. Appaently Poot is not strong enough to even draw the thing back let alone fire it. You'll need to sell or trade it. Savah will give you 75gp for it
OCC: Thanks Greg - I'll keep the dagger for now (might come in handy). I'll also put in an order for studded armor and a healing potion.
If James wants to trade for the bow I'll be glad to do it. Though I have no idea for what.
Also, I emailed you next feet choice. Sorry about that the comp is acting up at work.
OOC: I'll take a 2nd knowledge skill, not sure what my options are for those though.
@Brett and Greg: If the returning dagger counts as a thrown weapon which I get a bonus to using as a halfling I would love to put in a request for that since I just lost my only weapon, this would be more useful for me than Brett as Sasha ends up in melee range most times anyway. While it's not a fair trade (returning dagger for composite bow,) I would suggest it's better for the party (insert big smile here)
@Greg: Poot would like to buy the best armor he can get that doesn't incur any dex penalties (is that leather armor?) Also my Sleight of Hand skill doesn't seem to have any bonus to the rating, isn't it dex based?
@Party: I suggest anyone that can use a cure light wounds wand buy one since our party is weak in the healing area. (if we have enough dough that is.)
@Greg: Poot's new 0 lvl spell will be 'Message'
@Greg: Poot's new Knowledge skill will be Arcana (keeping in line with his Stage Magician theme.)
The magic dagger for the composite bow is not a fair trade cash-wise, but it is a better weapon selection for both characters: As James said, halflings are naturally gifted with thrown weapons. The bow takes advantage of Sasha's higher str, has longer range and does more damage. All round its a better weapon, but the dagge is worth more because its magical (ooh, aah)
Greg"
i wish to take the 2 handed sword feat, 2 bladed sword. and switch out power attack for 2 weapon defence.
If the party agrees we can sell the polearm.
Mich
Poot and Gerund can use the cure light wounds wand . . .
Yay!
GERUND'S UPDATE
New Feat
I'll take Improved Initiative
Change Existing Feat
Am I to understand only Yola can swap out the Power Attack? If I can, I'll take another Lay On Hands.
Shopping
I'm not sure what my budget is after the sale. I'd like to splurge and get the Banded Mail.
No, Gerund can swap out power attack too.
So Gerund gets improved initiative and Extra Lay on Hands and loses power attack.
You'll have to raise some more cash to afford the armor though - you've only got 96gp and the banded mail is worth 250gp. (resell value of your current scale mail is only 25gp)
Doh! I sell more pots.
Seeing how Poot is content with his leather armor and magical returning dagger that Sasha has yet to trade Poot for (nudge nudge wink wink) Poot is donating his 104 gold pieces to the
"Armor Your Local Paladin" Charity.
Let's get Gerund in that Banded mail or at least the Breast Plate.
Note the sale of the masterwork axe (which noone piped up for) and the scroll of burning hands (which Seoni can cast better anyway) generated some more coins each.
So that, plus the resale of Gerund's current armor plus Poots 104 off means Gerund only needs 5gp more for the Banded mail.
Poot, Savah offers you a regular short bow and 45 gp in exchange for your composite bow in case Sasha doesn't take the hint.
Gerund is deeply moved by his comrade's generosity.
OK, I talked to Brett - he's been having some posting trouble. He's selling the magic dagger, and using the money to buy himself a masterwork rapier, the Banded Mail for Gerund, then splitting the balance amonst the party.
Full update coming tommorow...
Post a Comment