Sunday, May 25, 2008
Seoni and Aldern
Seoni: You bid your companions farewell and wait at the Rusty Dragon for Alden Foxglove to appear. While waiting you strike up a conversation with Ameiko, the inn’s owner. She is pleasant and easy to like, and you learn that she herself is a retired adventurer, who returned here to her home town to buy this Inn with the treasure she had earned. Just the Aldern skips down the stairs, his face lighting up when he sees you. “Seoni! Come and join me for breakfast! I was beginning to despair that I had insulted you and your friends somehow.” His expression falls somewhat as he realizes you are alone. “Oh. I see, I have insulted you fine heroes then.” He slumps down in the chair beside you and drops five leather pouches on the bar. They make a heavy clinking noise. “All I wanted to do is reward you all as you deserve for saving my life the other day. But I should have known something as gauche as money would be a slap in the face to those as noble hearted as yourselves.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Seoni quickly shifts gears and responds, "Indeed not, Alden. You misunderstand. I am here while the rest of the group further investigates the goblin attack. A hero's work is never done, as I'm sure you know.
I'm certain my friends would be truly honoured by your offering. We would in no way wish to offend your kind and sincere generosity."
Aldern perks right up again at your words. "Oh how wonderful! An investigation! A quest! Well here then," he pushes the pouches across to you. "Make sure your companions get these with my gratitude." He pauses a momment, as if gathering his nerve. "I was just getting ready to go on my boar hunt. Why don't you come with me? I've never hunted boars with magic before - I bet it would be smashing."
Seoni considers well. Boar are well-known to be one of the most dangerous of prey. Ferocious and wily, stronger and more cunning warriors than she had fallen before the jagged slash of an angry boar's tusk. Dancing lights was just not going to cut it.
Still, there was only one boar and two of them, so the odds seemed fair.
Seoni nodded, "Nor have I. I can only hope the boar is even less prepared."
Aldern claps his hands together in delight. "Splendid! We can leave at once. I'll just have my man ready the gear. Do you have a horse?" He pauses long enough for you to shake your head. "Our first stop shall be the stables then."
As Alrdern's retainer readies the horses and and three remainng hunting dogs, you and Aldern head of to the Goblin Squash Stables, where after some brief haggling he buys you a rather fine riding horse. He refuses to take no for an answer, insisting that no extravagence is to beg for the one who saved his life. "After all," he says, " If it weren't for you, I'd be in no condition to ride anywhere." The fact that the horse's mane bears more than a passing resemblance to your own hair colour does not escape your notice.
Post a Comment