Playing the 3.5ed D&D adventure, "Rise of the Runelords," published by Paizo

Chp2: The Skinsaw Murders

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Back to the Church

Gerund and Yola: You head from your meeting at the town hall back to the cathedral. While you call for Father Zantus at the main door, Poot and Sasha quietly let themselves into the cemetery at the back.

The good Father is more than happy to speak with you again, even offering Gerund a room to stay in. "Its not much of course, but it will be less drafty than sleeping in that wagon of yours. Its the least courtesy we I can extend to a fellow man of faith."

Ask Zantus any questions you like in this thread. . .

Poot and Sasha: You find the cemetery not quite deserted. A hunched and lurching man toils about the site of the desiccated grave. Poot leans over to Sasha and whispers, "that's Naffer Vosk. He 's an old smuggler whose ship wreck just north of town, oh, about a decade ago. Father Tobyn took pity on him and took him in. He's the bonyard's groundskeeper now, and one of the most pious men I know."

How would the two of you like to proceed . . .

6 comments:

James said...

Poot leans into Sasha,
"I gotta tell ya, Zanthus has always seemed like a standup sort of chap. I feel like you ain't gonna find much, but if you got any ideas I'll follow yer lead."

Anonymous said...

Yola to Father Zantus:

how long have you been at Sandpoint Father, and how many raids of gobo's to you think the town gets?


Mich

Greg Stewart said...

Zantus to Yola: "Oh I'm a native Sandpointer. I've been teaching Desna's blessing for fifteen years now. As to the goblins. They have never attacked to the town proper like this before that I can remember. A few times a year we get reports of them raiding an outlying farm or harassing travelers along the North Coast Road

Anonymous said...

"Why would they want to burn down the cathedral? It doesn't seem to have an strategic value and there are easier buildings to set to the torch. Do you have any idea why this might be important?"

This seems like a bad game of 'bait and burgle.'

"Digging up bones when there's a raid going on? Are we sure that THIS is the work of goblins? I means I don't know about spells, or rituals but my friend, Seoni, told me a few things about magic on trip on the Kraken's tooth."

Sasha thinks intently and fidgeting with her coin comes to another conclusion.

"These bones wouldn't have any mystical or magical purposes would they? I mean there must be something important we are missing otherwise they wouldn't have gone missing in the first place?"

Greg Stewart said...

After observing Naffer Vosk for several minutes and not seeing anything out of the ordinary, Poot and Sasha circle around to the front and meet Yola and Gerund inside with Father Zantus. Sasha opens up with her questions.

"I don't know that the goblins were trying to burn down the catherdal specificlly. They were lighting fires everywhere they went," replies Zantus. He shudders a little as he answers the next question. "Father's Tobyn's remains wouldn't have any intrinsic magical properties. I suppose that there are some foul necromantic rituals that would require human remains, but no, I can't think of any particular need for Tobyn's, other than to desecrate the memory of a good man.

Anonymous said...

"I'm much obliged, Father. Would any such arrangements be possible for my friends?"