Playing the 3.5ed D&D adventure, "Rise of the Runelords," published by Paizo

Chp2: The Skinsaw Murders

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Prisoner Pits - Round 3 Results

Koruvus tries to fall back in the face of Gerund's assault, but the paladin presses forward and with a mighty swing severs the goblin's right arm, sending his sword clattering to the ground. Koruvus stands still, stunned by the grievous wound, before the tip of Yola's polearm punches through the back of his neck. The goblin sinks to his knees, then drops face first in front of Gerund, quite dead.

Breathing heavily from the exertion of the duel and his many small wounds, Gerund bends down to retrieve Koruvus' fallen sword. Inspecting it with a craftsman's eye, he sees it is obviously not of goblin make, being much finer forged even than those from his father's smithy. Seoni comes over to join him and holds her hand over the weapon, " It bears a faint enchantment," she says after a moment. "You've liberated a fine blade from a vile creature."

"Uh, hate to break the moment here guys," pipes up Sasha from the middle of the room, "but we may still have a problem here." She throws open one of the wicker lids and steps back in disgust. Below is a five foot wide by ten foot deep pit, and at the bottom of the pit, moaning and straining ineffectually to get out, is a decayed zombie.

Congratulations on defeating the mutant goblin Koruvus. There are eleven pits, and each one contains a zombie. The pits are deep enough that they cannot get out on their own, but if Koruvus had managed to push one of you into a pit...

Gerund has gained Koruvus' magic long sword ( see character sheet for update). The goblin's other weapons have been added to the party's loot list.

So, will your party try to deal with the zombies or press on?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yola: if anyone's got some rags and fire we could just send it down into the pits and let the zombies burn.

using my polearm I can probably stab them from up here - if need be.

I'd prefer to get the hell out of this dungeon and press on.

Mich

James said...

Seeing how we have a paladin in our party I don't think there's much of a chance of us leaving without 'sending the undead blights back to hell' and what not so...instead of wasting all our lantern oil I suggest we have Yola polearm the zombies one by one. After that press on.

Anonymous said...

Seoni adds, "I could also help with their destruction, but it would certainly deplete the few spells I have left."

Anonymous said...

"Paladin?" Points a thumb at Gerund in mock confusion.

"You mean ... I thought .... but you were selling at the .... "

Sasha punches Gerund in the arm as best she can trying to bruise him.

"I thought you were just a blacksmith with paladin-ish tendencies!"

Sasha storms off over to Seoni and glares at Poot as she does.

Anonymous said...

Sasha lays claim to the silver dagger and the bottle of fine wine. She examines both and quickly tucks them away before either of them go sorely missed.

Anonymous said...

"Ow! Hey!"

Gerund points to the holy symbol of Erastil, "I would have thought it was obvious."

"I would like to finish them. If I need to do so myself, I will."