Playing the 3.5ed D&D adventure, "Rise of the Runelords," published by Paizo

Chp2: The Skinsaw Murders

Friday, July 24, 2009

Yola and Gerund charge into the room and are upon the snarling Bugbear before he can get to his weapon. Yola wounds him with a quick double slash from her blade and Gerund follows suit, drawing a deep gash across his shoulder. As he turns to grab his flail, a pair of magic missiles arc over Gerund's head and strike the Bugbear in the back, sending him tumbling into the pillows and the shrieking goblin wives scattering in all directions.

Yola pounces on him before he can regain his feet, and the battle is over before it has truly begun.

Shalelu peers over Seoni's shoulder. "That would be Bruthazmus," she says, observing the dead Bugbear. "He and I have locked blades several times over the past years. He would hire himself out as a guide or bodyguard to less reputable parties, and resort to mugging travellers or robing farmsteads when work was scarce. I suppose finding him here means he had hired on with this Nualia person we are looking for. Well, the region's better without him now." She waves her hand into the room, indicating the moaning wives. "What do you propose we do about them?"

10 comments:

deres said...

"What do you mean: what do you want us to do about it?" I'm staying out of this one. Let the paladin figure it he's the noble one.

Seoni said...

"Oh, leave them be. They're no threat...and they smell really bad," Seoni says.

deres said...

"Maybe if we just lock the door behind us. I mean what's the worst that can happen?"

deres said...

Sasha rummages around the loot and hands Shalelu two of the magic arrows. "I think you're a better shot and these might come in handy."

Taking the third arrow for herself she notches it with her bow after ensuring her rapier and whip are secured safely.

"I'd give my kingdom for a pair of good daggers right now. I'm a big believer in the right tool for the right job."

Sahsa jerks a thumb at the whores.

"So we look them in her so they don't go ff warning anyone or trying seduce the Blacksmith here."

She gives Gerund a playful punch on the arm and flashes him a demure smile.

"Then we keep staying the course until we find what we are looking for. When we do find the bastard we make him pay dearly for what happened to Poot."

Greg Stewart said...

OOC: (sigh) Sasha, the goblins are not "whores." They're wives invloved in a lawfully sanctioned polyamourous relationship with the dearly departed chief. The fact that said chief had been neglecting his husbandly duties recently and his wives had sought solace with a giant stinky bugbear does not cheapen what they had together...okay maybe it does, but "whores" is still a little judgemental.

:>

deres said...

OOC: Greg, it's kind of hard for him to be preforming his husbandly duties when he's dead.

While that kind of behavior may be appropriate for a lich I find it in very poor taste for anyone in the mortal realm.

I am also aware he's only been dead for 9 minutes but that still doesn't change the principle of the matter.

Also recieving token payment from a sexual partner for services rendered would cast a dim light on their behavior. Appropriate counselling with all partners involved is a far more civilized and acceptable way of dealing with conflict management.

The term whores refers to their prior occipation as anyone knows the chief's inability to 'rise and salute' was legendary even in Sandpoint. Hence the ranks of his wives were selected (as rumor) goes from those goblins of ill repute but good reputation.

I still stand by my biased roguish loud mouthishness. However, if the late estate of the goblin king and his lonely but wayward wives would like to challenge Sasha in a human court of law at Sandpoint for slander I will be glad to see them their.

:D

P.S you just wanted to use the term poly something in a sentence didn't you?

Greg Stewart said...

yeah, you got me

Anonymous said...

Yola considers the girls - lock them up, and let's go. Ugh, the stench is enough to drive anyone out of here.

Shall we check door number 2 Sasha?



mich

Anonymous said...

"Leave them be, they have suffered enough," said Gerund, indicating Bruthazmus, "let us be on our way...to somewhere else."

deres said...

Door number two it is. Try the handle first Yola and if's locked I can pick the lock. Maybe Gerund can give you a hand as sometimes these doors stick.